CCTV Operator/Customer Service Advisor
To provide an effective and qualitative alarm and call handling facility in support of emergency and non-emergency activations and calls to an Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC). Obtaining, assessing and accurately recording comprehensive information to facilitate proper assessment, thus enabling rapid deployment of appropriate resources to a range of incidents and act in accordance with all Cougar Monitoring Policies and Procedures
- To provide a monitoring and control service using CCTV, communication systems and computer based access control systems, within the standards laid down in the Code of Practice and Operational Procedural Manual.
- To monitor CCTV cameras, escalating incidents and assisting the emergency services/Cougar Response Drivers in order to make a REAL difference.
- Recognising and reacting to the risks involved in the assessment of emergency and non-emergency calls and activations
- To keep and maintain suitable and sufficient records of all incidents,
- To maintain the security of the ARC and equipment rooms at all times
- To operate and monitor the control room systems
- Liaise with visitors using systems
- To notify the police and other authorised persons/organisations of incidents
- To maintain and store correctly records, relevant to the execution of the system
- Recording reviewing on behalf of the client or police in accordance with legislation
- Ensure professional quality of service delivery and compliance with legislative requirements.
- Operators may be required to attend court and give evidence on the basis of their duties as a CCTV operator.
- Answer intercoms and inbound telephone calls professionally, quickly and effectively
- To demonstrate a professional and caring approach on the telephone.
Effectively use the telephone systems and follow the guidance of the company policy and procedures:
- Support the Control Room Supervisors and in their absence to take control of the operations (subject to training)
- Report any operational difficulties and problems to the supervisor on duty
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of themselves in accordance with the Cougar Policy
- To actively support, at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information
- Any other reasonable requests from the management
Skills and Experience:
- A comprehensive knowledge of the relevant security standards
- Ability to obtain, analyse and evaluate information, both digital and analogue based
- Understanding and working knowledge of CCTV systems and ARC duties
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to deal appropriately with confidential/ restricted matters
- Assertive, tactful and patient
- Ability to remain calm and work under pressure, with limited supervision, whilst maintaining a high standard of work
- A commitment to, and understanding of, Equal Opportunities and diversity
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently or as a team member
- The ability to prepare letters, reports and documents in an accurate and concise manner
- The ability to communicate diplomatically and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Sufficient computer literacy to ensure timely production of documents/reports etc.
- Sufficient investigative skills to identify the root cause of any problems identified
Min 5 year checkable work history with previous CCTV experience preferred or able to show experience of working in a position of trust that placed a high degree of responsibility on the candidate.
The duties of the post involve shift work and weekend working to ensure the provision of a 24 hours, 365 days per year qualitative service is maintained. There may be a requirement to attend work at relatively short notice, and at times which may not be part of the rostered hours of duty.
Applicant must have CCTV licence.
- Company Pension
- On-site Parking
- 12 Hour Shift
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- GCSE or equivalent (Preferred)