Fire & Security Engineer – Midlands
Working Hours: 09:00-17:00 (37.5 hour week)+ overtime & on-call
Key Purpose of the Job
Servicing and maintenance of intruder, CCTV and access control systems, as well as installation & maintenance of electronic fire alarm systems, portable extinguishers and emergency lighting in accordance with the current standards.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Servicing and maintaining various intruder, CCTV and access control systems.
- Working towards and exceeding maintenance and fault finding targets.
- Demonstrate systems for customers, and explain details such as the causes and consequences of false alarms.
- Carry out corrective and preventative maintenance of fire alarm systems, emergency lighting and portable extinguishers.
- Commission/ Handover of GENT & Advanced Fire Alarm systems
- Be part of an On Call Rota for OOH callouts and telephone support.
- Installation of both conventional and analogue addressable fire alarm systems to a high standard of workmanship
- Installation/commission of portable extinguishers
- Understanding the clientsâ€™ needs and fulfilling all jobs required
- Any other reasonable requests from management
- The post holder will ensure the health, safety and welfare of themselves and their team in accordance with the Kings Policy
- To actively support at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information
- The post holder will understand the regulatory, fair trading and competition rules relating to their work sufficiently to be able to comply with them, relying on their own knowledge or on their ability to recognise that they will need specialist support
Requirements for the job
- Good communication skills
- Good fault finding skills first time fix
- A proven background and experience of working within fire and engineering
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of various intruder panels, eg galaxy, menvier & scantronic.
- Network/IP based product experience
- Experience of undertaking service, repair work
- Experience of conventional and addressable fire systems across a range of manufacturers equipment
- Good overall fire product knowledge
- Knowledge of integration of detection systems into other disciplines would be a real advantage
- Full understanding to BS5839 is essential
- Full driving license
- GENT & Advanced Fire Alarm systems knowledge is desirable
- FIA Service & Maintenance of Fire Extinguishers
APPLY FOR ROLE
CV must be a .pdf or MS Word .doc/.docx file and under 500kb